Saturday, March 15, 2008

Sorry I went AWOL

Hi, I'm back.

Sorry about last week but I had a deadline of March 15 and didn't even have an idea for the story. It's for a time travel anthology. I managed to get it done with one day to spare. Whew!

So, how did you get on with my young Saudi Arabian passenger?

He could have kidnapped at knifepoint and held to ransom for his family's money, or power. He could have met the woman of his dreams and just *had* to go with her. Of course, she would have to feel the same way and take him with her, despite her better judgement. Hey, I'm just throwing ideas around here.

This week I met a man who arrived at the airport to meet his wife. She had to travel a lot for her job and could be away for weeks at a time. Hmmm. He was carrying a bunch of red roses and had something special planned to welcome her home. But what if she wasn't expecting him and another man turned up to meet her?

What a juicy story that could make. Take it, it's yours.

I'm blogging this week (March 19) on www.reading-writing.blogspot.com about that very thing. Check it out.

Next week I'll be talking about every romance writer's favourite subject: HUNKS

Happy writing

Jean

3 comments:

Beth said...

Oooo... what if she got off the plane arm & arm with another man? The possibilies are endless.

Ryan Hadley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ryan Hadley said...

I messed up somehow and deleted my own post!

What I said before I rudely deleted myself was...

What if... he'd taken an earlier flight hoping to meet a woman other than his wife, eh? But his wife wanted to surprise him after his long trip, and had called the airline to confirm the flight information. Ah.. and then she shows up and there's another woman on his arm... the scoundrel.
~Debbie
www.deboradale.com